Thursday, July 28, 2011

Poor Nintendo...

Oh Nintendo, I've stood by you for so long, and I may just choose to very soon.

You're 3DS is doing exactly what everyone predicted: failing.  Not good enough technology, horrible game titles and game play, and competing in a market where this just isn't what people are looking for.

I'm personally still a fan of this system, using it on a regular basis...

First, let's start with This Article. Nintendo is predicting profits that are 82% lower than last year.  Considering their new release of technology, this is pretty depressing.  Not to mention they just announced the Wii U at E3, which seems to have hurt them worse than helped them.  While this is sad news for Nintendo... it may be good news for potential customers that have been holding out.

It has been announced that starting in August (so in only a few days) the 3DS will be reduced in price to $170, a whopping $80 slashed off the price.  That price even makes me consider it.  Consider, but not actually get.

I'm a huge fan of the DS, and surprisingly, this system is still kicking.  The sales are still existent and games are still being produced for the system.  Maybe, Nintendo, you should just work with what you already have for a little while.  The Vita is going to kick your tokas out the door anyway.

This is the part that really gets me, though, right here. The iOS is beating the poop out of Nintendo in general, and this could be a very sad day for us Nintendo fans.  I can't stand Apple, as many of you already realize, but come on. Should this even be a legitimate comparison? An operating system against a game system?  You tell me.  I think it's just shameful.

Oh. One more thing.  Invest in Nintendo while they are down.  I'm considering it.  I have faith that the company will come back once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment