Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Welcome to Techie FreakOut!

Hello world!  I would like to introduce you to my new blog, which will soon be used as a project for my college course.  This is Techie Tips FreakOut, the blog that will share general knowledge pertaining to computers, whether building, searching for new parts, general usage, nifty tricks, virus removal, innovative programs... each update will be some sort of new tech information.  I will also do some reviews on new tech products, websites, and anything else the average techie might be interested in.

A little about myself.  I am a freshman in college at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, and a Management Information Systems major.  I work as a computer technician for the Management Information Office (a segment of Residence Life) and specialize in virus removal and internet connections.  On my own outside of work, I build computers, help friends and family with software and hardware issues, and maintain some of their computers for them.  I also work stage tech in two theatres, UW-O's and the Engler Center in Chilton, WI.  While I'm not exactly a "techie techie" in these positions, I help build sets, work running crew and fly rail, and generally paint.  A lot.  Ask my clothes.  On my free time, I research new technology stuff, play with GIMP and do photo editing, and also occasionally make some advertising materials for friends, family, and sometimes my theatre people.  Hopefully this summer I will be starting a vinyl lettering business, so for now I'm working on creating advertising and information for that.

Expect my first real post within the next few days... the topic is still undetermined.  Think of this as a teaser, so please check back soon!  And thank you for visiting Techie Tips FreakOut!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like this will be a fun and informative blog! I'm excited to be a follower! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete